Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biological, viral and even chemical contaminants in your home or business can create dangerous environments with serious health consequences. In most cases proper professional removal of such substances is required to ensure the safety of the environment.
SERVPRO of South Oklahoma City has the ability to respond quickly to your location and provide professional and thorough sanitization of the affected areas. Our team is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Please refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (405) 677-4000
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of South Oklahoma City has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Oklahoma City
- Central Oklahoma City
- Capitol Hill
- Metro Park
- Downtown Oklahoma City
- Central Business District
- Midtown Oklahoma City
- Heritage Hills
- Valley Brook
- Smith Village